i don’t eat crap (as of 1/1/11)
‘Round about December 31, I hopped onto my very own private and extra special Dexascan and learned that my body composition was 47% confectioner’s sugar and 53% butter. Wow! You are what you eat I guess. So now, here I am trying to clean up my act and earn the right to rock this shirt:*
• 3 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 12-ounce bottle Mexican lager
• Kosher salt
• 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• 3 teaspoons dried oregano,
• 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
• 2 Anaheim peppers, seeded and chopped
• 2 medium white onions, diced
• 1/4 cup chili powder, plus more for sprinkling
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• Lime wedges, for serving
Put the pork cubes into a large Dutch oven and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt. Pour over the beer and then add just enough water to cover the pork. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, skimming the foam off the surface. Add 3 of the chipotles, chopped fine, and 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano. Cover and cook about 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, Anaheim peppers, 3 more of the chipotles (chopped fine) and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oregano and chili powder, and cook about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook a few minutes more.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
*Thanks to the CrossFit WV ladies for the fabulous shirt. I heart you all!!! You, dear reader, can get one too if you visit The Food Lovers Primal Palate, a beautiful website with lots of delicious recipes.